Escape to Paradise: Anchor Inn's Twillingate (NL) Getaway Awaits!

Anchor Inn Hotel and Suites Twillingate (NL) Canada

Anchor Inn Hotel and Suites Twillingate (NL) Canada

Escape to Paradise: Anchor Inn's Twillingate (NL) Getaway Awaits!

Escape to Paradise: Anchor Inn's Twillingate (NL) Getaway Awaits! - A Real Review, Because Let's Be Honest, Perfection Doesn't Exist!

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the chaotic, glorious, and sometimes slightly wonky world of the Anchor Inn in Twillingate, Newfoundland. Forget those perfectly polished brochures – I'm here to give you the real deal. And trust me, after spending a week there, I have opinions! (And a craving for cod tongues. Don't judge.)

First Impressions (and a Slight Panicked Search for the Elevator)

Okay, so "Escape to Paradise" is a bold claim. But as I pulled up to the Anchor Inn, perched on a hill overlooking the stunning Twillingate Harbour… I felt a flicker. Maybe, just maybe, there was some truth in it. The exterior felt authentic – like the kind of place that's seen generations of fishermen and tourists come and go. And… the initial accessibility wasn't exactly smooth sailing. Finding the elevator was like a treasure hunt! But hey, I eventually located it and a friendly staff member who immediately directed me, which was a relief. Accessibility: Overall, it's present but clearly, like much of Newfoundland, has room for improvement. Wheelchair access, I'd say check with the Inn beforehand if you have specific needs; the lay of the land here, with its hills and uneven sidewalks, isn't always the easiest.

The Cozy Chaos of My Room… (And the Amazing View That Saved It)

Entering my room, a wave of relief washed over me: Air conditioning! Yes, crucial. The internet: Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Hallelujah! (Because you know how important those Instagram stories are!) It was clean and well-equipped with all the essentials - Air conditioning, alarm clock, bathrobes and a view that made my jaw drop. Seriously, the view from my room window was insane. I'd spend a solid half-hour just staring out at the boats bobbing in the water, the colourful houses clinging to the cliffs, just breathing it all in. (Side note: the Daily housekeeping was a godsend. I'm messy.) My room's non-smoking, and thank god for that. Internet access – wireless was available, as was daily housekeeping. But let's be real: it's not a five-star resort. The decor was… well, let's just say "rustic charm." The coffee/tea maker in the room was a godsend though. I was able to get the Complimentary tea. I loved having the mini bar, and the refrigerator and refrigerator made my stay comfortable.

Eating, Drinking, and Mostly EATING: A Deep Dive into the Culinary Landscape

Okay, this is where things get really interesting. The Anchor Inn boasts a restaurant, (or Restaurants, a variety of options!) because, are you even in Newfoundland if you're not eating? Now, I'm a notorious foodie, and I'm happy to report that most of the food was delicious. The Western cuisine in restaurant was good, and the Desserts in restaurant offered a delightful treat. I had more cod fish and chips, and that was to die for. I was able to use the Cashless payment service, which was super convenient. The Coffee/tea in restaurant was a must!

  • Breakfast: The Breakfast [buffet] had a variety of options. I especially loved the toast.
  • Lunch/Dinner: The A la carte in restaurant was a great option. I was able to get the Salad in restaurant, a perfect option. I thought the Soup in restaurant was great, and I definitely enjoyed the Coffee/tea in restaurant again.
  • Drinks: There's a Bar to relax at, and I was able to get a Bottle of water. The Poolside bar was great as well.

What I Love, Hate, and Everything in Between:

  • Love: The location. The views. The genuine friendliness of the staff. The feeling of being away from it all.
  • Hate: Sometimes the service felt a little slow. A little more attention to accessibility would be great.
  • Everything in Between: The slightly-dated decor. But honestly? It added to the charm. This is part of the magic of Newfoundland and should be embraced.

Relaxing and Unwinding (or, Trying To): Spa, Sauna, and My Quest for Bliss

Okay, let's talk about relaxation. The Anchor Inn does have a spa and sauna - and that, ladies and gentlemen, is a huge win. The Spa was truly relaxing, but I was really interested with the Sauna, and it was perfect!! I felt rejuvenated, and I thought the Pool with view had an amazing impact. I spent a whole afternoon in the Swimming pool [outdoor], and that was great. There was a Fitness center where I worked out, and even though I had no interest, I was there.

Safety and Cleanliness - The "Is It Covid-Safe?" Section

I have to give them credit: Anchor Inn takes cleanliness seriously. They had Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, and Staff trained in safety protocol. I loved the Sanitized kitchen and tableware items. They offered Sanitized kitchen and tableware items. This made me feel safe and comfortable. Also, the Rooms sanitized between stays was great. They took the necessary measures to make sure everyone felt safe.

Services and Conveniences: The Nitty-Gritty

They offer a bunch of services: Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Laundry service, Meeting/banquet facilities. I loved having the Free car park [on-site]. There were also Safety deposit boxes.

For the Kids (and the Rest of Us Who Kind of Want a Babysitter): I didn't have kids with me, but I noticed they have Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, and a Babysitting service. Definitely a plus for families. Very useful.

The Emotional Rollercoaster of My Stay: Was it Paradise?

Honestly? No. Not perfect paradise. But it was a damn good escape. It was a place where I could disconnect, breathe in the salty air, and just be. It’s a place with heart, with character, with views that will steal your breath away. The imperfections? They added to the charm. They made it real. And that - that is something truly special.

The "Book This Hotel!" Pitch (Because That's What You Asked Me To Do!)

ARE YOU READY TO ESCAPE?

Do you yearn for rugged beauty? Do you dream of fresh seafood? Do you crave a getaway where you can truly unwind, away from the noise of everyday life? Then, darling, Escape to Paradise: Anchor Inn's Twillingate (NL) Getaway Awaits!

Here's the deal:

  • Breathtaking Views: Wake up to the ocean at your doorstep and lose yourself in panoramic vistas.
  • Cozy Comfort: Clean, comfortable rooms with all the essentials. Plus, Free Wi-Fi so you can instantly share your amazing selfies!
  • Authentic Flavors: From fresh-caught cod to hearty breakfasts, fuel your adventures.
  • Relax and Rejuvenate: Spa treatments. Relax in the sauna. Take a dip in the pool and forget your troubles.
  • Unforgettable Experiences: Discover the charm of Twillingate – Whale watching, hiking, and so much more are around the corner.

Special Offer Just For You:

  • Book your stay at the Anchor Inn now, and get free access to the spa! (mention this review when you book!)

Stop dreaming, start packing! Anchor Inn is your gateway to a truly unforgettable experience. Don't wait – your Newfoundland adventure is calling!

#AnchorInn #Twillingate #Newfoundland #EscapeToParadise #TravelCanada #NLAdventure #HotelReview #MustVisitCanada #CoastalGetaway #RealReview #HonestTravel

KLCC's HOTTEST Suites: Lealia's Soho Paradise Awaits!

Book Now

Anchor Inn Hotel and Suites Twillingate (NL) Canada

Anchor Inn Hotel and Suites Twillingate (NL) Canada

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to unleash the glorious, chaotic mess that is… my trip to the Anchor Inn Hotel and Suites in Twillingate, Newfoundland. Forget perfectly-structured itineraries, we're diving headfirst into a glorious, rambling, opinionated adventure!

Anchor Inn & Twillingate: A Newfoundland Rhapsody (of sorts)

(Please note: This schedule is aspirational. Life, and Newfoundland weather, will inevitably conspire against me. Consider this a roadmap, not a rigid decree.)

Day 1: Arrival, Bewilderment, and the Sweet Taste of Salt Cod.

  • Morning (or Whenever-My-Flight-Actually-Lands): Finally! St. John’s! Or, rather, the airport. Ugh. Always the same. Security, the smell of airplane food (even if I didn't eat any), the general low-level hum of anxiety. This better be a magical place. I'm leaving my comfort zone, and the airport really wasn't a strong start.
  • Afternoon: Land, and the drive to Twillingate. Ah, the drive. The road to paradise, I hope? The scenery is already breathtaking – or at least, what I can see through the inevitable drizzle. I saw a sign that said "Danger: Moose Crossing," immediately, I felt giddy. I NEED to see a moose!!
  • Late Afternoon/Early Evening: Anchor Inn Check-in. Okay, first impressions… Charming! Very… nautical. A bit like stepping onto a pirate ship that's been gently remodeled by Martha Stewart. Hopefully the view from my room is as good as everyone raves about. Pray. Pray, it has a decent view.
  • Dinner: Salt cod. Apparently, it's a staple. I'm bracing myself. My palate is… diverse. (Translation: I'm a picky eater, but I'm trying to be adventurous!) I'm going to a restaurant called "The Canvas," and I hope the food is as good as the location sounds. Pray for no fishy breath. I heard the portions are huge.
  • Evening: Stroll along the harbour. Listen to the waves. Contemplate the universe. Or, more likely, stare at the boats and wonder if I look like I belong here. I’ll probably trip over a rock somewhere. Probably. I definitely need a drink after the travel, and the potential fish breath.

Day 2: Iceberg Alley, and a Deep Dive Into… the Locals.

  • Morning: Whale watching! Okay, this is a big one. I've always wanted to see whales. Pray for whales. I'm told this is prime iceberg and whale territory. The boat better have Dramamine. I get seasick thinking about boats sometimes.
  • Afternoon: The after-whale-watching blues… if I see anything. Then, a stroll (weather permitting) and maybe some touristy stuff. I plan to visit the Twillingate Museum and if I can reach it, be a lighthouse. I'm a sucker for lighthouses. Pray for good weather. Also, maybe a coffee, because the weather in this part of the world changes faster than my mood swings.
  • Late Afternoon/Early Evening: Here's where things get interesting. I plan to try and actually talk to some of the locals. Find that hidden gem of a restaurant or a place to get a good local beer. I hope I can understand the accent. I've heard it's… strong. Pray I don't embarrass myself. Or just embrace the embarrassment. Maybe buy a silly hat.
  • Evening: A quiet evening. Hopefully, I made some friends. Maybe I can get them to tell me the real stories of Twillingate – the good, the bad, and the gloriously weird.

Day 3: Fogo Island (or, the Day Anything Could Happen)

  • Morning: The ferry to Fogo Island! This is a big one. I've heard it's unbelievably beautiful. This better be worth the trip. Pray the sea isn't too rough because I'm already having a small panic attack.
  • Afternoon On Fogo: Explore! Hike! Breathe in the fresh air! I have to see the Fogo Island Inn, even if I can't afford to stay there. And I'll have to get a photo. It's basically a mandatory activity at this point. Again, pray for no seasickness.
  • Late Afternoon: Ferry back. Try not to fall asleep on the way.
  • Evening: Back at the anchor inn, and maybe a nice sunset. One last beer, and contemplate how I feel about my time here.

Day 4: Departure, and Newfoundland Withdrawal (Already?)

  • Morning: A bittersweet breakfast. One last look at the ocean. Do some last-minute souvenir shopping (read: panic buying).
  • Afternoon: Drive back to the airport. Already missing the salty air, the kind faces, and the sheer otherworldliness of it all.
  • Evening: I'm on a plane… and I'm already plotting my return!
    • Reflections: Well I can say this trip was good:
      • The Anchor Inn was pretty nice, even with my imperfect room.
      • The food was delicious, and I actually had a good time.
      • The whale watching was amazing, I never saw anything like it.
      • I met some great people.
      • I survived a ferry trip!
      • I'm completely and utterly in love with Newfoundland.

So yeah, this is the plan… until it inevitably falls apart and becomes something wildly different. But that's the beauty of travel, right? The unplanned moments, the surprises, the embracing of chaos. And Newfoundland? Well, it seems to thrive on chaos. And just that thought is making me smile. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go pack extra socks. Because I have a feeling I'm going to need them.

Escape to Paradise: Nora Beach Resort & Spa, Koh Samui Awaits!

Book Now

Anchor Inn Hotel and Suites Twillingate (NL) Canada

Anchor Inn Hotel and Suites Twillingate (NL) Canada

Escape to Paradise: Anchor Inn's Twillingate (NL) Getaway Awaits! - Or Does It? (A Real-World FAQ)

So, Anchor Inn in Twillingate – Is it REALLY paradise? My Instagram feed is screaming YES, but...reality, right?

Okay, let's be honest. Paradise? Nope. Not in the "golden gates and harp music" sense. Twillingate itself is, though. Absolutely. The Anchor Inn? Well, it's... part of the charm. Think of it more like... *a charmingly imperfect gateway* to actual paradise. My Instagram feed is probably curated AF, you know? Remember that whale watching pic? Yeah, my phone nearly went overboard. Drama! But beautiful.

The Inn itself? It's clean, the staff are sweet as molasses (literally, they probably use it in their tea), and the views? *Chef's kiss*. But don’t expect a five-star hotel. Expect… homey. Think slightly wonky walls, a slightly *too* firm mattress (my back *still* remembers that), and a breakfast that is, and I'm not kidding, *the* best damn fish cakes you'll ever eat. Seriously. Worth the trip *alone*. Just… manage your expectations. It's authentic, not necessarily *polished*.

Okay, fish cakes. What *else* is the food situation like? I'm a foodie, should I be scared?

Breathe. You're not going to starve. And look, the Anchor Inn has a restaurant. The fish cakes are *mandatory*. Do not skip them. Seriously. They're life-altering. Okay, maybe not *life-altering*, but they're damn good. Beyond that? You're in Twillingate, baby! Seafood is king, queen, and the entire royal family. Lobster, cod, scallops – all fresh, all delicious.

The restaurant itself is… cozy. Picture a room full of people, all slightly sunburnt, grinning and talking loudly. This is a good thing. It's like a big, happy, seafood-fueled family reunion. There were some dishes that were a little… *rustic*. But honestly? It’s part of the charm. The imperfections are what make it memorable. Remember to try the local brew! Oh, and if you hear about a "screech-in" ceremony... GO. Just go. Trust me on this one.

Speaking of Screech… Is this place touristy? Like, can I expect a sea of fanny packs and selfie sticks?

Okay, *there are* tourists. Let's just get that out of the way. It's Twillingate, not some hidden, secret island. But it's not *overrun*. It's not Times Square. It's manageable. Yes, you’ll see folks with cameras. Yes, you’ll see groups. But it’s a different *vibe* than, say, Banff. The fanny packs? Fewer than you might think. The selfie sticks? Present, but not *omnipresent*.

The community is still very much alive and kicking there. They'll welcome you with open arms, and expect you to have a good time. You’ll meet locals, you’ll chat with them, and you'll likely end up sharing a beer (or something stronger) with a charming old fisherman who’s told the same stories a thousand times, but tells them with such passion you'll be hooked. It's touristy *enough* to have good infrastructure, but authentic enough to feel... real. And that’s the magic, right?

Tell me about the rooms. Are they as charmingly imperfect as the rest of the experience? And what's the view situation?

Okay, the rooms. Buckle up. They're… *functional*. Let's go with that. They’re clean. They have beds. They *mostly* have reliable plumbing (a minor hiccup during my stay, nothing that a little bit of patience couldn't fix). Don’t expect luxury. Expect a comfy spot to collapse after a day of hiking (which you *will* do, because the trails are AMAZING). The walls, as I hinted at, might have a slight… *character*. A little lean here, a little dip there. Adds to the charm, I maintain! It's like you’re staying in your grandma's incredibly well-kept cottage.

The view, though… OMG. *That* is where the Anchor Inn shines. If you can, get a room with a water view. Seriously. Do it. Watch the sunrises, the sunsets, the boats bobbing in the harbor. It's stunning. Worth any slight imperfection in the room. Picture yourself wrapped in a blanket, in front of your window, watching the sun dance on the water. Paradise, right there. Don’t forget your camera, by the way. (Seriously, though, the water views are incredible!)

What’s there to *do* in Twillingate besides eat fish and stare at the ocean? (As if that wasn’t enough!)

Okay, so you think staring at the ocean and eating fish is all there is, eh? Well, it's a pretty good start, but no, there's more! Whale watching! We saw *humpbacks* breaching! I actually screamed. Landed whale watching, and I can't even! There are hiking trails. Easy, moderate, and ones that will make your legs beg for mercy (and totally worth it). We found a hidden cove and just sat there, listening to the waves and doing absolutely nothing. Literally nothing.

There are boat tours. Explore the iceberg season (stunning!). Visit the Long Point Lighthouse, which has a great history and some amazing views. There are art galleries and craft shops. And the people… the people are the best part. They’re friendly, welcoming, and always up for a chat. We even took a cooking class. Turns out, I’m not a terrible cook after all. (Especially when there’s a lot of butter involved.) Every moment of the day was worth it!

Okay, let’s get real. What’s the worst part? What should I be prepared for?

Alright, honesty time. There are a few things to be aware of. First, the weather. It can be unpredictable. Pack layers. And a waterproof jacket. And maybe a second waterproof jacket. And some waterproof pants. Just in case. We had four seasons in one day. Sunshine to rain to fog to back to sunshine in about an hour. Be prepared for the unexpected. That’s part of the Newfoundland charm, apparently.

Second, this *isn’t* a luxury experience. If you're expecting pristine perfection, you might be disappointed. Embrace the imperfections. They’re part of what makes it special. Third, the drive. If you're driving from, say, St. John's, it's a trek. Long. That's a whole blog post of its own!

Fourth? Cell service. It can be spottyHotel Explorers

Anchor Inn Hotel and Suites Twillingate (NL) Canada

Anchor Inn Hotel and Suites Twillingate (NL) Canada

Anchor Inn Hotel and Suites Twillingate (NL) Canada

Anchor Inn Hotel and Suites Twillingate (NL) Canada