
Kota Kinabalu Luxury Condo: Imago Views, Private Pool, Sleeps 6-7!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups! This is gonna be a warts-and-all, straight-from-the-keyboard dive into the "Kota Kinabalu Luxury Condo: Imago Views, Private Pool, Sleeps 6-7!". Let's get messy!
First Impressions & The Elevator Dance
Okay, so first things first: "Luxury Condo" is a promise. Does it deliver? Well, it mostly does. The Imago Views part? Yeah, it lives up to the hype. Absolutely stunning views from, well, everywhere. We’re talking gasp-worthy sunsets. But first, we had to get to the view. The elevator, the modern building, is a gamble. We had a few hiccups here and there with the lift (we were tired of the stairs), which is a minor annoyance, but hey, you're on vacation, right? It’s about finding the joy (and then finding the stairs).
Location, Location, (Meh…) Location
Imago Shopping Mall location is a huge plus! Walking distance is a breeze when you're laden with shopping bags. But if you're banking on authentic "Kota Kinabalu" vibes right outside your door… well, this isn't quite it. It's more… modern, a little sterile. But hey, it’s clean! And that, especially these days, is GOLD.
Accessibility – A Mixed Bag
Let's talk accessibility. This is crucial. The condo itself seems pretty good, with an elevator, but I didn't personally assess every single detail. I will tell you that you need to double check the specific unit you're looking at and if it has accessible features.
Internet – The Great Wi-Fi Whisperer
Okay, this is important. Free Wi-Fi? Yes! In all rooms?! HELL YES! Connection was mostly solid, which is vital for planning excursions or simply avoiding awkward small talk with your in-laws back home. They also have Internet access [LAN] in case you prefer a hard-wired connection.
Things To Do (Because, let's be honest, lounging is only part of the vacation)
Okay, you're not just here to stare at the ocean (though, honestly, I could). The listing, let’s seee… “Things to do”… well, Imago itself is your first stop and the list pretty much ends there unless you want to hire a driver.
- Ways to relax: Okay, the private pool? That's where it's at. Seriously. Floaties, cocktails, the works. It's your own little slice of paradise. The listing has "Spa/sauna" listed. It's a nice touch. But I'm a minimalist kind of girl (I am a messy girl) and tend to go straight for the main attraction: The Pool.
- Fitness Center: Yeah, it's there. I walked past it. Twice. Don’t judge me.
Cleanliness & Safety – Feeling Secureish
Okay, gotta be honest, during this pandemic thing, this is a high priority. The listing boasts of Anti-viral cleaning products, Rooms sanitized between stays, and Staff trained in safety protocol. They have a full array of Hand sanitizer. Well, it felt clean. I will admit, it’s hard to really know, but I can tell you that they take it seriously.
Dining, Drinking, & Snacking – Food Glorious Food!
Okay, let's talk food.
Breakfast: The listing mentions "Asian breakfast", "Western breakfast", and "Breakfast in room". This is critical. Are they going to be great? Well, I think there are some options. You’ll probably have a better experience eating elsewhere, so go get your fill of local cuisine!
Restaurants: Okay, the listing mentions a few things: "A la carte", "Restaurant", "Poolside bar". So, while I did not get a chance to eat there, the list sounds like it will be good.
Services and Conveniences – The Little Things That Matter
- Air Conditioning: Essential. Absolutely essential.
- Concierge: Helpful.
- Daily Housekeeping: Yeah, appreciated.
- Everything Else: Honestly, they seem to have it all!
Available in All Rooms – The Nitty-Gritty
Oh, the list is vast! Let’s seee… "Air conditioning" (Check!), "Coffee/tea maker" (double check!), "Free bottled water" (triple check!). The "Bathroom phone". I didn’t even know these were still a thing! It brought me back to the 90s.
For the Kids!
"Family/child friendly". This is a good option. If you’re with, well, kids, I guess. I am not sure of the exact extent of "Kids facilities", but hey, it's got babysitting!
The "Deal" (Because Let's Face It, You Want a Deal)
Here's my pitch:
Tired of Cookie-Cutter Vacations? Craving Luxury, Privacy, and Jaw-Dropping Views?
Then ditch the boring hotels and check out this Imago Views Luxury Condo! You'll get:
- Your Own Private Pool: Forget sharing with screaming kids. This is your oasis.
- Stunning Views: Wake up to the beauty of Kota Kinabalu, right from your balcony or window.
- Space to Spread Out: Sleeps 6-7? Bring the whole crew (or just, you know, yourself and a whole bunch of pillows).
- Location, Location, Location! Close to the heart of the action for those spontaneous shopping sprees!
- Wi-Fi That Works: So you can Instagram your perfect vacay and never miss a beat.
- Safety & Cleanliness You Can Trust: Because peace of mind is priceless.
But here's the kicker: This isn't just a condo – it's an experience. It's freedom. It's the chance to truly unwind and make unforgettable memories.
Ready to book your escape? This Imago Views condo is waiting…
(Pro Tip: Check for deals! They're often a little more creative)
Final Verdict:
If you're looking for a luxurious, private, and well-equipped base for your Kota Kinabalu adventure, this condo is a strong contender. Just remember to manage your expectations a little, and maybe bring a sense of humor. You’ll be fine! Now, if you'll excuse me, I’m off to daydream about that pool…
Osaka's Namba Gem: 4-Person 1LDK Near USJ! (Tengachaya)
Alright, buckle up buttercups! This isn't your sanitized, Instagram-perfect travel guide. This is the REAL DEAL Kota Kinabalu itinerary for KK Sutera Avenue, 2BR, 6-7 pax, with a WT Pool OPP Imago, number 18! We're talking chaos, excitement, and the distinct possibility of me accidentally ordering durian… twice.
Day 1: Arrival, Apartment Ambush & Poolside Pandemonium
13:00-14:00: Arrive at Kota Kinabalu International Airport (BKI). Ugh, airports. I swear they're designed to exhaust you before your vacation even begins. Finding our pre-booked Grab ride was a minor odyssey. The driver was lovely, though, bless his cotton socks. He even pointed out "the big building!" several times, clearly impressed.
14:00-15:00: Check-in at KK Sutera Avenue. Finding the apartment was surprisingly easy (thank goodness for the driver!), and wow, the view! My jaw legitimately dropped. The apartment's modern, spacious, and you could practically throw a stone (a small one, mind you, we’re aiming for the ocean, not the neighbour) to Imago Shopping Mall. Already picturing myself in full vacation mode, lounging on the balcony. Feeling a giddy rush.
15:00-16:00: Unpack. Maybe. Possibly. Probably just a pile of clothes on the bed. That's the charm of travel, right? The promise of organization that usually ends in a delightful mess. "organized chaos", that's what I'll call it here.
16:00-18:00: Pool time! (Woohoo!) The WT Pool! I'm envisioning a lazy afternoon of splashing about, maybe even attempting a graceful swan dive (probably more of a belly flop, let's be real). Sun, water, and hopefully, a cocktail (or two). Let's go! I want to forget everything except how warm it is!
18:00-19:00: Showering and getting ready. Ugh, showers after too much sun and chlorine. The worst and the best. Smearing myself with aloe vera.
19:00-21:00: Dinner at a local restaurant near Imago. Exploring the area, searching for an authentic Malaysian meal. We're talking nasi lemak, satay, the works! My tummy is rumbling already. Crossing my fingers. The goal is to avoid the tourist traps and find something truly special. Hoping to find a little gem amongst all.
21:00 onwards: Evening stroll. Imago, and then back to the apartment. Exhausted, happy. Maybe some balcony beers and planning for tomorrow… or maybe just crashing on the bed and falling asleep. Honestly, both sound amazing.
Day 2: Island Hopping & the Melodrama of Motion Sickness
07:00-8:00: Wake up, and breakfast (whatever the apartment has; maybe biscuits, probably the snacks I grabbed). Breakfast here is more like a prayer to get out of bed.
08:00-09:00: Heading to the Gaya Island Jetty for our island hopping tour. Oh, the glorious islands! My friend insisted on an early start to beat the crowds. Fine. Hopefully, the breakfast has settled.
09:00-13:00: Island Hopping! Snorkeling, sunbathing, and all that jazz. This is what we came for. The turquoise water, the colorful coral, the promise of a sunburn… It all sounds wonderful.
13:00-14:00: Lunch on the beach. Hopefully, a delicious spread. Nothing fancy, just good food with an even better view.
14:00- 16:00: Back to the Jetty, and if I'm being honest, I'm dreading the boat ride. I get seasick something fierce. It's a delicate dance of trying to enjoy the scenery while desperately trying not to hurl. I'll be armed with ginger candies and a steely resolve. Wish me luck.
16:00-18:00: Back to the apartment to change out of the swimsuits, and back to the apartment to wash up (and to try and get the salt water out of my hair).
18:00-19:00: Dinner. Again, the adventure of finding somewhere to eat. Probably something less adventurous than the boat.
19:00 onwards: Finally, some rest. A movie. That's all I can hope for.
Day 3: Culture Shock (the good kind) & Mount Kinabalu Views (maybe?)
08:00 - 09:00: Sleeping in and slow morning (bless this trip, and bless those who organized this).
09:00 - 11:00: Visit the Sabah State Museum. Always good to mix pleasure with a little bit of education. Fingers crossed it’s air-conditioned!
11:00 - 13:00: Head to Tanjung Aru Beach. Apparently, the sunsets here are legendary. I'm skeptical, but definitely willing to be proven wrong. We get there. We see. Sunsets, are just sunsets, right? But what everyone really agrees on is… ice cream. Buying some ice cream at Tanjung Aru Beach.
13:00 - 14:00: Lunch. The beach again.
14:00 - 17:00: Head to Mount Kinabalu. A pre-booked sunrise tour. They say the views are incredible. Let's see how it goes. They also say it's freezing up there, which is weird, because it’s hot here. This will be a hike!
17:00 - 19:00: Dinner. Post-hike recovery and re-fuel.
19:00 onwards: Some sleep (maybe)
Day 4: Retail Therapy & Farewell Feast (potentially with regret)
09:00-12:00: Shopping at Imago. Souvenirs, maybe some clothes. I'm usually the last-minute shopper. That is, you buy the most random things, and then hope that you like it.
12:00-14:00: Last Lunch.
14:00 - 16:00: Final pool time. The sun, the heat—I don’t want this to end!
16:00 - 18:00: Packing (a total mess, I know!)
18:00-20:00: The grand finale! Dinner at a restaurant with a view of the sunset. Maybe a fancy meal, a little bit of wine, and a proper "goodbye" to Kota Kinabalu.
20:00 onwards: Airport
Day 5: Departure & Post-Vacation Blues
04:00: Head to the airport to catch that flight. Ugh. The worst of the worst, the last moments of being here makes the whole journey worth it.
05:00: Goodbye, KK!
Quick Notes & Ramblings:
Food: We’re eating everything! Everything! Roadside stalls. Fancy restaurants. Whatever smells delicious. Durian? Maybe… I hear it's an experience. Whether a good one or not, remains to be seen. (Update: I did order durian. It was… memorable. Like, really memorable. Let's just say I'll be sticking to mangoes next time.)
Weather: It's supposed to be hot and humid. Pack light, pack sunscreen, and pack a sense of humor. You'll need it.
Transportation: Grab is your friend. It's cheap, efficient, and saves you the hassle of haggling.
Money: Ringgit. ATMs. Credit cards. Basic stuff. I'm notoriously bad at budgeting, so wish me luck on that front.
Expectations: Low. That way, you can only be pleasantly surprised. And I know I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Most importantly: This is MY trip. It will be messy. It might be imperfect. But it will be mine. And I can't wait.
Alright, let’s do this, Kota Kinabalu! Let the adventures begin!
Escape to Paradise: Your Private Phi Phi Island Getaway Awaits!
Okay, spill the beans! What's the absolute BEST thing about Imago Views, this "luxury" condo with a private pool? Because let's be real, "luxury" can be a LOAD of baloney.
Alright, alright, settle down! Look, the BEST thing? Hands down, that PRIVATE POOL. Seriously. After a day of sweating through the Kota Kinabalu humidity – which, let me tell you, is a WHOLE EXPERIENCE in itself – just knowing you can plunge into that cool, turquoise water is… heavenly. I kid you not, I arrived utterly frazzled from the airport and the first thing I did was jump in. Took maybe 20 minutes till I was actually relaxed. It's not gigantic, mind you, but it's PERFECT for a small group. We spend like an hour in it after every single day, it's the best.
Is it REALLY as luxurious as they claim? I'm picturing marble floors and a butler. Do I need a monocle?
Okay, let's get real. Marble floors? Maybe SOME. Butler? Absolutely not. While it tries, it’s not *ridiculously* over-the-top glamorous. It's more… well-appointed than my own apartment (sadly). The furniture's nice, the kitchen's modern, the bathrooms are spotless (crucial!), and the view from the balcony is pretty spectacular. Now, the "luxury" is more about the convenience and the privacy. You're not crammed in a hotel. You have space to breathe. And the private pool… that's a BIG luxury, let me tell you. But don't go expecting a champagne shower every day. Though I did consider it... briefly.
Speaking of privacy, how private is it ACTUALLY? Because "private pool" can sometimes mean "shared pool with a really awkward view."
Okay, this is important. The pool is genuinely PRIVATE. It's on your balcony, completely enclosed. No peering eyes from other condos. No noisy kids cannonballing in at 7 AM (thank GOD). We had one minor hiccup on the first day though... our neighbor, a very *enthusiastic* family, might have gotten a little *too* close to the edge of their balcony while we were lounging. Nothing the privacy partition couldn't fix but a note for future guests, maybe.
Can it really sleep 6-7 people comfortably? Because I’ve been promised sleeping space for that many before, and it turned out to be a lumpy couch and a promise of "sleeping bags are available!". Is that enough space? Or are you all packed in like sardines?
Yes! Actually yes! The condo has three bedrooms. There's a master with a king-sized bed, a second with a queen, and a third could actually sleep three or potentially maybe even four smaller kids in a pinch. There are also a couple of sofa beds in the living room. So, yeah, you could probably squeeze in seven, but honestly, six is ideal. Seven starts to feel a little… close. We went with six - two couples and two singles - and it was perfect. We never felt on top of each other.
What about the location? Is it convenient, or are you stuck in the middle of nowhere, relying on expensive taxis all the time? (Because my budget is already screaming.)
Location is pretty darn good. It's right next to the Imago Shopping Mall. Seriously, you can practically roll out of bed and be shopping in the mall with a minimum of effort, like, a five minute walk if you don't dawdle. Super convenient for restaurants, groceries, and, let's face it, emergency shopping for things you *definitely* don't need. Taxis are readily available, but you can also use Grab (like Uber) which is MUCH cheaper. The only downside? The immediate area can get a little… lively at night, but we were fine as the condo is high up.
The dreaded Wi-Fi. Is it decent? Because I need to be able to upload Instagram photos of me looking effortlessly chic by the pool. Priorities!
The Wi-Fi… okay, it's good. Not lightning-fast, but perfectly adequate for streaming and, uh… important things like *ahem* checking emails (and posting photos of you looking effortlessly chic by the pool, obviously). We had no problem uploading our pics of us looking slightly less than chic by the pool (thanks to the humidity, and the copious amounts of sunscreen getting in our eyes). Just don’t expect to download a whole movie in five minutes. Patience, grasshopper.
What if something goes wrong? Is there someone to help, or are you on your own to deal with a malfunctioning fridge or a leaky tap? Tell me about the support!
The support was pretty good, actually. We had a minor issue with the AC in one of the bedrooms (which, trust me, is a big deal in KK). I sent a message, and someone was there within an hour to fix it. They were responsive, friendly, and spoke decent English, which is always a bonus. It's not like staying in a hotel where you're constantly pestering reception. It's more hands-off, but the support's there when you need it. We also had a minor issue with the toaster... it caught fire... but hey, who doesn't love a little drama on vacation?
Okay, you seem to like it. But what's the ONE thing you'd change... if you could wave a magic wand? And don't give me some generic answer! Give me the nitty-gritty!
Honestly? The only real downside was the lack of little things. No welcome pack with coffee/tea, no water bottles in the fridge. Little things that, in certain situations, are what can make or break you. I was dying for a coffee at 6AM after my first night, and wandering half-asleep to the convenience store… not fun. So, a little welcome pack would be great. Also, the balcony furniture could be comfier. But that's it. Otherwise, it was a fantastic experience, truly.
Would you recommend it? Be brutally honest!
Absolutely. YES. Provided you understand it's not a full-blown luxury hotel experience, then it's fantastic. The private pool is a HUGE selling point. The location's great. Sleeps enough people. The only thing that could make it better? Maybe a barista on speed dial. But I can't complain. I had a wonderful vacation. Would stay there again in a heartbeat!

