
Escape to Paradise: Melasti Beach Resort & Spa, Bali Awaits
Escape to Paradise: Melasti Beach Resort & Spa, Bali Awaits: A Rollercoaster Review (Prepare Yourself!)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the swirling, sun-drenched world of the Melasti Beach Resort & Spa in Bali. This isn't your typical, polished, perfectly-curated hotel review. Nah, this is the raw, unfiltered, "I just survived a Balinese sunset" version. And yes, I'm going to be honest. Sometimes brutally.
First Impressions (and the Dreaded Accessibility Question):
Okay, let's rip the Band-Aid off first. Accessibility. This is crucial. The website says they have facilities for disabled guests. But walking around the place, it’s… a mixed bag. Some ramps, some… not-so-ramps. The elevator's there, thankfully. I'd call it "Balinese Accessible" – which means they're trying, but probably still need to work on a few things. Wheelchair accessible is a definite "check with the hotel directly, and be very specific about your needs" situation. Be prepared to call and ask a TON of questions. Seriously. Do it.
The Internet Abyss: Wi-Fi Woes and Glories
Now, the modern traveler's Achilles heel: internet. They boast Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! and that's a godsend. But let’s be real, the Wi-Fi in Bali can be… temperamental. It was okay, most of the time. I'm pretty sure I swore at it a few times while trying to upload a few selfies (for journalistic purposes, of course). There's also Internet [LAN] which is great if you’re old-school. But let's face it, who's actually plugging in anymore? Internet access in general is available, including Wi-Fi for special events, so you should be able to livestream your Balinese sunset wedding if you’d like!
Rooms: My Sanctuary (or at least my temporary cage):
My room? It was nice. Air conditioning was a must and worked wonders after being out in the sun. The blackout curtains were a life-saver for those afternoon naps (you will need them). Free bottled water? Bless you, Melasti. The bed was comfy, those towels soft… The mini-bar held some surprisingly decent Bintangs. Though the toiletries weren't exactly top of the line, I love my slippers and bathrobes which were provided. I am a sucker for soundproofing! I never heard a peep from anyone in my area! The mirror and desk were well-placed. And the on-demand movies were perfect. It was a pretty decent sanctuary, TBH.
Food: From "Wow" to "Meh" and Back Again. (aka The Great Breakfast Adventure)
Okay, let’s talk food. This is where things got interesting.
- Breakfast: A massive breakfast buffet. The usual suspects were there: Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, coffee, tea, juice, pancakes! There was something for everyone! The eggs though, made me a little weary. Breakfast service was efficient. Not quite my personal, but my hunger was satisfied! And there was a to-go option, Breakfast takeaway service for when you are running late.
- Restaurants: Multiple restaurants scattered around the property. The international cuisine in restaurant was delicious! The Asian cuisine in restaurant was perfect! The thing that made me smile the most was the staff.
- Poolside bar: The pool was nice, BUT the poolside bar? That was where the magic happened. Cocktails with a view? Yes, please! And the happy hour… don't even get me started. Let's just say I made a few friends.
Things to Do (or, How I Spent My Time When I Wasn't Drinking Cocktails):
Here's the deal: this place is geared towards relaxation. Massage, Spa, swimming pool is the main thing right? Well, that is about it.
- The Spa: Okay, THE SPA. The body scrub was amazing. Honestly, it was like getting a year's worth of stress scrubbed off. I felt like a new person. (Or at least, a less sunburned one.) They had a sauna, a steamroom and foot bath. The perfect way to recover from a day of sun.
- Swimming Pool: Big outdoor swimming pool and one with a pool with a view. Pretty.
- Gym/fitness: They had a fitness center! I swear I went… once. Okay, fine, twice. But mostly, I was busy relaxing.
Cleanliness and Safety: They're Trying! (and that's what counts!):
During the pandemic, I was really glad to know there was Hand sanitizer everywhere. I feel safer knowing there are Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter
The concierge was super helpful, the doorman always greeted me with a smile. They had currency exchange, invoice provided, and laundry service that was a life saver after I spilt my drink at the pool. A gift/souvenir shop for all your last minute shopping needs. Meeting/banquet facilities.
For the Kids:
They are Family/child friendly. There is a babysitting service too. There are Kids facilites and Kids meal.
Getting Around:
Airport transfer: Easy peasy. Car park [free of charge]: Convenient. Taxi service: Readily available. Valet parking: For those who roll like that.
The Honest Truth (Because Let's Be Real):
No place is perfect. I had a few small issues (like, the Wi-Fi really quitting on me for a bit), but honestly, the Melasti Beach Resort & Spa is a good place for a vacation. The staff were friendly. The location is great! This is a place to unwind, soak up the sun, and forget your troubles.
My Recommendation: Book It (With a Few Caveats!)
Escape to Paradise: Melasti Beach Resort & Spa, Bali Awaits is a solid choice. It’s not the absolute epitome of luxury, but it's comfortable, clean, and offers a fantastic base for exploring Bali.
BUT if you have mobility issues, call ahead. Seriously, call them. And triple check.
My Offer:
Tired of the 9-to-5 grind? Dreaming of turquoise waters and sun-kissed skin? Then grab your passport and escape to paradise with our exclusive offer at the Melasti Beach Resort & Spa!
Book your stay NOW and receive:
- A complimentary body scrub and a 2-for-1 happy hour at the poolside bar – because you deserve it!
- Free Wi-Fi so you can brag about your stunning ocean views (and maybe do a little work, if you must).
- Daily breakfast buffet packed with all the energy you need to explore Bali or simply relax by the pool.
- Access to a world-class spa, refreshing swimming pools, and sun-soaked beaches – enough to make you forget all your troubles.
Don't wait! This offer is limited-time only. Escape to paradise and experience the magic of Bali! Click "Book Now" and let the adventure begin!
(P.S. Tell them I sent you. Maybe they'll give me a free massage next time!)
Pretoria's BEST Kept Secret: Red Apple Guest House Awaits!
Okay, buckle up Buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's pristine travel itinerary. This is a Melasti Beach Resort & Spa Bali, Indonesia, survival guide, filtered through the chaotic lens of a slightly-too-caffeinated human being. Prepare for the beautiful, the ugly, and the utterly ridiculous.
Melasti Beach Resort & Spa: Bali - The Good, the Bad, and the OMG-I-Need-Another-Bintang
Day 1: Arrival, Jet Lag, and the Quest for Decent Coffee (Because Apparently, That's Crucial)
1:00 PM (Give or Take) - Arrival at Denpasar Airport (DPS): Ah, Bali. The land of smiles, scooters weaving like drunken bees, and the overwhelming smell of frangipani mingled with…well, let's just say it smells "tropical." I landed, instantly sweating, and spent a solid 20 minutes wrestling my oversized suitcase through the baggage claim. Victory! Then, the real fun began: navigating the taxi mafia. After some haggling that would embarrass a seasoned bazaar merchant, I finally squeezed into a slightly-too-small car and prayed to the gods of traffic that I'd arrive at the resort before sunset.
3:00 PM - Check-in at Melasti Beach Resort & Spa: Okay, the lobby is stunning. Seriously, Instagram-worthy. That breezy Balinese style architecture… the welcome drink (passion fruit juice, bless its sour but delicious heart)… I breathed a sigh of relief. Jet lag was creeping in like a sneaky ninja, but all I could think about was finding coffee. Real, strong, no-nonsense coffee.
3:30 PM - The Room: Pretty (But Where's the Plug for my Charger?!): My room was…lovely. Seriously, the four-poster bed made me feel like royalty – or at least someone who deserved a really long nap. Panoramic view of the pristine beach . However… there was only ONE functioning plug (and for some reason the one I need to use is broken!). Cue minor freakout. I'll deal with the world later. I collapsed.
4:00 PM - Coffee Quest - Failed: After a frustrating search, the resort's coffee shop had coffee that tasted like… well, nothing. I needed that caffeine crack, and this wasn't cutting it. Disappointed, I sought refuge in the pool.
5:00 PM - Poolside Recovery and First Sunset: Floating in the gorgeous infinity pool, sipping a slightly-too-sweet cocktail, and watching the sunset paint the sky in fiery hues… Okay, Bali, I see you. This is what I came for. Pure bliss.
7:00 PM - Dinner at the Resort Restaurant: Dinner was…fine. The seafood was fresh, but the service was slower than a sloth in molasses. Plus, the restaurant played that elevator music. I swear I started fantasizing about escaping to a war zone just for some noise. A couple of more Bintangs might help.
9:00 PM - Bedtime (Hopefully): Jet lag is a beast. I hope.
Day 2: Beach Day Bliss (and the Existential Dread of the Seashell Picker-Uppers)
7:00 AM - Wake-up & The Coffee Hunt Continues: I was up with the sun, which would be glorious. My search for decent coffee was a success! Freshly brewed, strong enough to stand a spoon in, and a perfect start to the day.
8:00 AM – Breakfast: The resort breakfast was a buffet of champions. I ate so much I nearly needed a forklift to get me out of breakfast and onto the beach.
9:00 AM - Beach Time! (Mostly): The beach. The reason, and so I could bask in the golden sunshine and swim in that glorious turquoise water. I picked a spot, lathered myself with SPF 50 (because sunburn is not a good look), and started reading my book.
10:00 AM – The Shell Harvesters: I watched these two people who seemed to be picking up every single shell in the sea. I felt a twinge of sadness for the shells, or thought about my own existence.
12:00 PM – Lunch: I ordered some grilled fish and fries and devoured it in under 10 minutes.
1:00 PM - Beach Massage: This was the best thing I had done. The masseuse had hands of magic!
4:00 PM - Poolside Chill Continued: More sun and drinks, more book reading. Life was good.
7:30 PM - Dinner at a Local Warung (If I Can Get My Act Together): I'd been advised to eat at a local restaurant. The food looked amazing.
9:00 PM - Possible Early Bedtime or Late-Night Drinks: Depends on my energy levels.
Day 3: Seminyak Exploration (and My Ongoing War with Mosquitoes)
8:00 AM - Breakfast: More glorious, and hopefully, I'd remember to have some fruit this time.
9:00 AM - Taxi to Seminyak: Okay, here goes nothing. Traffic is known to be a nightmare!
10:00 AM - Seminyak's Charm: This is like a whole 'nother Bali! Boutiques, cafes, and a general vibe of "chic relaxation."
12:00 PM - Lunch: Found a cute little cafe with amazing avocado toast. I took selfies.
2:00 PM - Exploring and Shopping Spree: I had a hard time finding something to wear, but I succeeded!
4:00 PM - Return to Paradise and the Mosquitoes: I returned to the resort, only to be greeted by the tiny, buzzing demons. Seriously, these things are like miniature vampires! I launched a full-scale assault with bug spray. I was going to win this war, even if it killed me.
7:00 PM - Dinner at the resort- again: I would go next door but I am exhausted!
9:00 PM - Bed: Sleep. Hopefully, I won't be the next mosquito meal.
Day 4: Farewell Bali (Sob!) and a Final Dose of Paradise
8:00 AM - Breakfast and Reflecting: Last breakfast!
9:00 AM - Final Swim and Sunbathe: One last swim to create one last memory.
11:00 AM - Check Out: Sad to leave!
12:00 PM - Airport: I don't wanna!
Flight: Hope to be back soon.
Final Assessment:
Melasti Beach Resort & Spa – it's a vibe. It’s messy, perfect and full of life. Bali, you've got my heart (and maybe some of my blood, thanks to those damn mosquitoes). Until next time, Selamat Tinggal (goodbye)!
Nanjing's Hidden Gem: Ibis Styles Qilin Gate Hotel — Unbelievable Luxury!
Escape to Paradise: Melasti Beach Resort & Spa, Bali - Let's Do This! (And Maybe Cry a Little)
Okay, Spill the Beans - Is Melasti Beach REALLY Paradise-y? Like, Instagrammable Paradise?
The Rooms! Tell me *everything* about the rooms! Are they clean? Do they have air conditioning that actually *works*? (Important question.)
The Spa! Ooh, tell me about the spa! Worth it? Or a massage that just... wasn't it?
Food, glorious food! What's the grub situation like? Is it all Nasi Goreng? (I love it, but... ya know.)
Location, Location, Location! How easy is it to get around from the resort? Are you stuck?
Okay, the big question: Would you go back? (Be honest!)
A Word on the Pool... (and my ridiculous obsession with it)

