
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Sahid Kawanua Hotel, Manado, Indonesia
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the… well, unbelievable luxury (their words, not mine… though I'm starting to believe it) of the Sahid Kawanua Hotel in Manado, Indonesia. This isn't your cookie-cutter review; this is a deep dive, a rummage through the linen closet of your potential vacation. Get ready for a rollercoaster of accessibility, spa experiences (oh, the spa!), and the sheer, overwhelming stuff this place apparently packs in. And yes, I'm going to tell you if the Wi-Fi is as good as it claims to be. Because let's be real, that's crucial.
First Impressions (and the All-Important Accessibility Stuff)
Right, so, accessibility. This is where I hold my breath. Because "luxury" doesn't mean squat if getting through the front door feels like scaling Everest. Sahid Kawanua claims to have "facilities for disabled guests." Okay, good. Let's hope that means more than just a ramp that's steeper than my uncle's temper. Information on the website isn't exactly a comprehensive blueprint. But the good news? They do have an elevator, which is a major win. (Finding out if the rooms themselves are properly configured is, sadly, down to the booking process and a phone call. Grumble, grumble.)
- Accessibility: We'll have to get some specifics; the official info is vague. Fingers crossed!
- Wheelchair Accessible: Ditto. Gotta confirm those room specifics!
Website Whisperer, and the Internet: My First Love
Let's just get the most critical info out of the way: the Wi-Fi. "Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!" they shout. I've been burned before. I've spent vacations tethered to a dial-up modem (exaggeration, maybe). So the sheer promise of seamless connectivity makes me giddy. Then the added value of "Internet [LAN]" and "Internet services" makes me imagine a future world of streaming delight. The "Wi-Fi in public areas" is icing on the cake. This is crucial for researching the local area, ordering food, and, let's be honest, escaping from reality for a perfect, digital detox.
- Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, Wi-Fi in public areas: This is what it's all about. Free Wi-Fi? Sign me up.
The "Things To Do" / "Ways to Relax" Avalanche: Where to Even Begin?
Okay, this is where my inner hedonist squeals with delight. Seriously, the list of relaxation options reads like a fantasy novel.
- Body Scrub, Body Wrap, Foot Bath: Yes, please.
- Fitness Center, Gym/Fitness: Fine. Maybe, just maybe, I'll look at these… after the spa.
- Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom: Give me ALL of it. All the oils, all the heat, all the… sigh… bliss.
And the pool? The Outdoor swimming pool? Oh my god. I'm already picturing myself, cocktail in hand, staring out over Manado… or at least, that's what I hope the view is like.
- Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]: Gotta find out how good the view is.
- Steamroom: I might just live in it.
Cleanliness and Safety: Because Let's Face It, We're Not Living in a Bubble
Post-pandemic, cleanliness is no longer a bonus; it's a must. Sahid Kawanua seems to understand this. From what I can gather, they're throwing the full-blown sanitizing arsenal at this place.
- Anti-viral cleaning products, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment. This is like a Fortress of Cleanliness.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Prepare to Unbutton Your Pants
Okay, food. This is where the review takes a turn towards personal weakness. I like to eat. A lot. This place has restaurants. Plural. And the descriptions…
- A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant: My mouth is literally watering.
- Breakfast [buffet] is a win. But, "room service [24-hour]?" That's flirting with disaster. I can see myself ordering a pizza at 3 am and thinking, "This is the best decision I've ever made."
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Make a Big Difference
Beyond the obvious luxury, it's the little touches that elevate a hotel.
- Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center: Makes the hotel less of a place to sleep and more of a place to live. That is what you are looking for.
For the Kids: Let's Hope They're as Spoiled as I Plan to Be
Okay, I don't have kids, but I appreciate a place that's, at least, pretends to be family-friendly.
- Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal: Nice, but let's be real, I'm more focused on the spa.
The Bits and Bobs: The Fine Print (But Still Important)
- Access, CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Check-in/out [express], Check-in/out [private], Couple's room, Exterior corridor, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Hotel chain, Non-smoking rooms, Room decorations, Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms, Soundproof rooms: A hotel cannot be too safe, that is for sure.
- Getting around, Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking: Easy access to a car park is always a plus!
Available in All Rooms: My Happy Place: The Room!
- Additional toilet, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens: Oh, the possibilities. A safe to hide my treasures, a bathtub for soaking, a mini-bar full of delightful things.
The Verdict (and a Compelling Offer!)
Okay, here's the deal. Sahid Kawanua Hotel sounds promising. The emphasis on cleanliness is reassuring. The sheer number of relaxing options is almost overwhelming in a good way. The availability of Wi-Fi is a gift from the technological gods.
Here's my honest advice: book it.
Here's the offer:
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits!
Book your Manado escape at Sahid Kawanua Hotel and receive:
- Complimentary Upgrade (subject to availability!): To a room with a view. Maybe not the beach, but definitely the city side.
- Spa Pampering Package: Indulge in a complimentary massage and foot bath.
- Complimentary Welcome Drink: Kick back and relax.
- Free Airport Transfer: Getting there has never been easier.
Book now and experience what everyone's talking about! Visit the website and use promo code: "MANADOESCAPE"
So there you have it
KL's BEST Family Getaway: 2-8pax Pavilion, MRT/LRT Access!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because you're about to get the REAL deal on a trip to the Sahid Kawanua Hotel in Manado. Forget those pristine itineraries, this is the messy, glorious truth.
Day 1: Arrival - Chaos and Cocktails
- 1:00 PM: Landing in Sam Ratulangi International Airport. Jet lag already hitting me like a ton of bricks. Seriously, why is international travel always a gamble with my sleep schedule? The airport, though… charming chaos. The air is thick with that humid, tropical smell, and the taxi drivers are circling like vultures. I'm pretty sure I got hustled on the price, but who cares? We're in Indonesia, baby!
- 2:00 PM: Check-in at Sahid Kawanua Hotel. The lobby is… well, it's classic Sahid. Grand, a little tired, but with a certain old-world charm. The aircon is blasting, a blessed relief from the heat. The staff is friendly, though the English is a bit patchy. "Welcome, Miss!" they beam. "You have very good room!" I hope so, I've seen enough cheap hotels for a lifetime.
- 3:00 PM: The room! Okay, it's… decent. Balcony overlooking a slightly rundown pool. The air conditioner is noisy, but that's the sound of life, yeah? There’s a weird stain on the carpet that I promptly ignore. Seriously, what could be in there? Probably best not to investigate.
- 4:00 PM: Mandatory pool-side recovery. Order a Teh Tarik at the bar. It's too sweet, but I love it anyway! I swear I saw a lizard watching me.
- 6:00 PM: Evening wandering. I tried some street food I couldn't identify at all. It was delicious and spicy. I think I spent the next hour with my nose running. Worth it though!
- 7:30 PM: Dinner at the hotel restaurant. Went for the chicken tinutuan. I swear, the chef is trying to kill me with the spice levels. I could barely speak for the next 10 minutes. Good lord, the food here is something else.
- 9:00 PM: Knockout. The bed is comfortable, the aircon is still humming and the street sounds outside is very loud… I needed every minute of sleep.
Day 2: Bunaken Island - Underwater Paradise (or My Near-Drowning Experience)
- 7:00 AM: Alarm. I have to get up. But maybe my bed feels way better than it usually does.
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast! The hotel breakfast is a buffet of dreams: Nasi Goreng, fresh fruit, and a weird green smoothie that tastes like grass… I stick to the fruit. And the Nasi Goreng. Lots of Nasi Goreng.
- 9:00 AM: Boat Trip to Bunaken Island. Oh, the sea air! The boat ride is bumpy, and I feel a little seasick, but the scenery is breathtaking. Turquoise water, lush green islands… it's a postcard come to life.
- 10:00 AM: Snorkelling/Diving. This is what I came for! The coral and fish.. Wow. This is even better than pictures. I had the best experience I ever had. The water is so warm and clear. Suddenly, I have a bit of panic when I can't find the boat. The current is pulling me further and further away. In that moment I thought, what, this is how it ends? But I find the boat. Phew.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch on Bunaken Island. Simple and delicious grilled fish with rice. I chat with some other tourists. Everyone is thrilled! Everyone is having a good time.
- 2:00 PM: Return to Manado. I almost fell asleep on the boat. I didn't know I could be this tired.
- 4:00 PM: Relaxing at the hotel.
- 7:00 PM: Trying some local restaurant. I find a pretty shady restaurant. The food is absolutely delicious!
Day 3: Tomohon and Volcano - Spicy Adventures & Volcanic Views
- 8:00 AM: Wake up feeling pretty good.
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast. Back to the Nasi Goreng buffet.
- 10:00 AM: Day trip to Tomohon and the volcano. The car ride is amazing. The countryside is beautiful. We visit the markets and try some food. I find myself holding my nose - they sell some weird animal meat.
- 1:00 PM: We are on the volcano! The view is incredible.
- 2:00 PM: I am now in this spa. It's weird but, I can't complain.
- 4:00 PM: The hotel. Relax, rest, order room service and enjoy the quiet.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner in a nice restaurant.
Day 4: Departure - Sayanora, Sulawesi!
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast at the hotel. One last Nasi Goreng hurrah!
- 9:00 AM: Final packing. Did I buy enough souvenirs? Probably not. Will I buy more at the airport? Absolutely.
- 10:00 AM: Check-out. The staff are smiling, probably relieved to see me go.
- 11:00 AM: Head to the airport. The traffic is a nightmare.
- 1:00 PM: Goodbye, Manado! I am already planning my return.
Overall Experience:
The Sahid Kawanua Hotel? It's no five-star luxury, but it's a solid base for exploring Manado and the surrounding areas. The staff were friendly, the location was convenient, and the air conditioning was a godsend. It's not perfect, but it's real. And that, my friends, is what makes travel truly unforgettable. And the spice is not for the faint of heart!
Madrid's Hottest New Apartment: Stunning & Modern!
Unbelievable Luxury Almost Ruined by a Mango (Sahid Kawanua Hotel, Manado, Indonesia) - FAQs (with My Ramblings)
Okay, so, *is* this place actually luxurious? Like, *really*?
Alright, let's be honest. The Sahid Kawanua Hotel in Manado? Yeah, it *is* luxurious. In that specific "Indonesia-meets-modern-comforts" kind of way. Think sprawling grounds, a ridiculously huge pool (seriously, could probably swim laps for a week), and rooms that are genuinely comfortable. The architecture? A blend of sleek and… well, traditional. It works! Except, and this is HUGE, the air conditioning in my room was a bit… temperamental. Like, one minute I was sweating like I was training for a sumo wrestling match, the next I was shivering. But the *view*? Stunning. Ocean, volcano, the whole shebang. Almost made me forget I was perpetually half-frozen/half-cooked. Almost.
The food. Tell me about the food. Please, I'm already hungry.
Ooh, the food! Okay, buckle up, because this is where things get...complicated. The breakfast buffet? Epic. Seriously, a breakfast buffet designed to make you question all your life choices. Every fruit imaginable. The mangoes... oh, the mangoes. (More on those later). Then, all sorts of Indonesian delicacies I couldn't pronounce, but devoured anyway. The coffee? Strong enough to raise the dead. The lunch and dinner options… well, they were good. The food in the restaurant was really good. But the mangoes… They had fresh mangos, cut mangos, mango juice, mango smoothie, mango in your fruit cocktail. The mangoes are EVERYWHERE! And they are GOOD! The mangoes... they kind of haunt my memories now.
What about the staff? Are they helpful? Do they speak English?
The staff? Bless their hearts. They were ridiculously helpful. Overly helpful, actually. Like, the kind of helpful that sometimes made you feel…intruded upon. But in a good way! They always greeted me with a huge smile, even when I was wandering around looking lost because I’d gotten turned around again. And yes, generally excellent English. Which was a lifesaver, because my Indonesian? Let’s just say, I excelled at ordering "air putih" (water). They were really patient, and understanding, and they totally deserved a medal for putting up with me.
Is there a spa? Because after a long day of… whatever, I need a massage.
Oh, yes, there's a spa! And it's… a spa. You know, all the usual suspects: massage therapists, essential oils, soothing music. The massage was good, actually. Really good. Probably the best massage I've ever had. Until a rogue mango (more on that later) temporarily disrupted my ability to fully appreciate it. The massage left me feeling rejuvenated. And ready for more mango.
What's the deal with the beach? Is it any good?
Okay, so the beach situation... it's not exactly a white-sand paradise. It's more of a "volcanic-sand-meets-a-bit-of-rubbish" situation. Look, it's Indonesia. It’s gorgeous in other ways. The water is warm and clear. But the beach itself? Don't expect a postcard-perfect, pristine stretch of sand. Expect… character. Expect a scattering of seashells, maybe a fishing boat or two. And definitely expect to be mesmerized by the incredible ocean views. But the beach is fine. Just don’t expect Bora Bora. You can always take a boat trip to a nicer beach. Or just eat more mango.
Anything to do nearby? Or am I trapped in a luxury bubble?
You're *not* trapped! Manado is awesome for diving. The hotel can arrange all sorts of excursions. You can go snorkeling, diving, hiking… all sorts of things. I, personally, was pretty content just lounging by the pool and eating mangoes. But, you know, *you* could be adventurous! I really wish I went diving. Next time, for sure! This time I just wanted to eat more mango.
Okay, you mentioned something about rogue mangoes. What's the story?
Alright, gather 'round, because this is the part that’s still giving me nightmares. Or rather, *mango*mares. So, I was indulging in yet another mango-fueled breakfast. I'm talking mountains of freshly cut mangoes, mango smoothies, mango everything. I was in mango heaven! And then it happened. I reached for a particularly juicy-looking piece. As I took my first bite, a… a *gush* happened. Mango juice. EVERYWHERE. Down my front, all over the table, splattering the unsuspecting breakfast of my neighbor. I swear, pieces of mango hit the ceiling. I looked up and there were stains on the ceiling! It was the mango equivalent of a food fight gone wrong. I just sat there in a mango haze, utterly mortified. My neighbor laughed. I laughed (eventually). It was mortifying, but also, somehow, hilarious. The Mango Incident. It will forever be etched in my memory. And the memory of that perfect, juicy mango? Oh, it was glorious. Utterly and completely glorious. That mango almost ruined the luxurious atmosphere. Almost.
Would you go back?
Absolutely. 100%. Even with the air conditioning issues, the slightly-less-than-perfect beach, and the impending threat of another Mango Incident. Where else can you get such incredible service, such delicious food, and such an overabundance of delicious mangoes? It's a luxury experience, with a slice of delightful imperfection. Plus, I have unfinished business with those mangoes. I need to conquer them. Next time, I'm bringing a bib. And maybe a flak jacket.

