Watkins Glen's BEST View: Gorgeous Motel Getaway!

Gorgeous View Motel Watkins Glen (NY) United States

Gorgeous View Motel Watkins Glen (NY) United States

Watkins Glen's BEST View: Gorgeous Motel Getaway!

Watkins Glen's BEST View: Gorgeous Motel Getaway! - A Rambling, Honest, and Maybe Slightly Chaotic Review

Okay, buckle up, buttercups! I'm back from a stay at Watkins Glen's BEST View: Gorgeous Motel Getaway! And, let me tell you, it was… an experience. Forget those perfectly polished hotel reviews – you're getting the raw, unfiltered truth. Get ready for some serious stream-of-consciousness and a healthy dose of opinions.

First Impressions - The View (and the Drive!)

Honestly? The drive to Watkins Glen? Stunning. Seriously. Winding roads, vineyards that look like melted emeralds, and the sheer, unadulterated beauty of the Finger Lakes region. It's already setting the stage for something special. And when you finally arrive at the motel… well, the name doesn't lie. The view is indeed gorgeous. You're perched up high, overlooking… well, I'm not sure what exactly. (Did I mention I'm directionally challenged?) But it’s green, it's expansive, and it’s definitely the kind of thing that makes you go, “Ahhh, I needed that.”

Okay, Let's Talk Accessibility… (Starting Slow, Just Like My Morning Coffee)

So, I didn't specifically test out all the accessibility features extensively. (I'm not exactly rocking a wheelchair, though I did nearly break an ankle dodging a rogue squirrel in the parking lot, but that's another story). BUT, I did notice some key things. There was an elevator, which is a HUGE plus for anyone with mobility issues, given the potentially steep terrain. Facilities for disabled guests are listed, so that gives me hope there's attention to detail here. And I'm pretty sure I saw designated parking spots. Definitely something to follow up on if this is critical for you. I'd definitely recommend calling ahead and asking specific questions about room accessibility. I’m just a guy rambling here.

Internet, Glorious Internet! (And the Absence of My Attention Span)

Look, in the modern age, free Wi-Fi in all rooms! is basically a human right. And they’ve got it! (Also, Wi-Fi in public areas too, which is clutch for those awkward moments when you desperately need to look something up and can’t find the password.) And hey, if you’re old school and like a landline connection (Internet [LAN]), they've got that too! Bless. Anyway, I did my best to avoid all of that. My aim was to enjoy the view, not scroll Instagram. Failure.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax: The Spa (Let's Get Real for a Second)

They offer… a lot. Spa! Spa/Sauna! Swimming pool! Pool with view! Sauna! Okay, okay, I HEAR YOU, Watkins Glen. BUT! (And it's a big but, folks) I’m not exactly a spa-goer. I like to think I would if I were a gazillionaire with no responsibilities, but right now, I'm me, and I like to sit around in my sweaty pajamas and not be touched by anyone. They mention Body scrub, Body wrap, Massage, and all the other fancy stuff. Honestly, it’s like they’ve built a little oasis of Zen. But I’ll be honest; I didn’t actually use the spa. I’m more a “wander around the trails and get slightly lost” kind of person. And for those like me, there's plenty to explore, but, it may cost more than a simple dip in the pool.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Buffet Bonanza? (Or Just Coffee and a Croissant?)

Breakfast. This is where they really got my attention. The Breakfast [buffet], the Breakfast service, the Asian breakfast! I’m in! Okay, maybe not all those things. I'm more of a simple Coffee/tea in restaurant, maybe a Breakfast [buffet], guy. I've been known to inhale a croissant or three. Although, they also had A la carte in restaurant, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, Restaurants… I am already regretting my decisions. There’s a Poolside bar too, for those inevitable warm afternoons. The Room service [24-hour] sounded very tempting, but did I attempt it? NO. So I can't honestly give you a full review of their dining options, but there were many options available.

Cleanliness and Safety: Germaphobe Alert (or, the World in 2024!)

Okay, let's be honest. In these times, "clean" is no longer a luxury; it's a necessity. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Professionally-grade sanitizing services – check, check, check. They've got things in place! They also list Rooms sanitized between stays and Staff trained in safety protocol. I saw a lot of it happening. Good! It made me feel a lot safer.

Services and Conveniences: Did Someone Say “Concierge”?

Air conditioning, Daily housekeeping, Elevator, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage – all the basics. I, personally, used the air conditioning excessively due to my penchant for overheating at all times. Concierge service as well. They've thought of everything… Even a Convenience store! Which I, of course, completely missed.

For the Kids: Babysitting and… Shrins?

Family/child friendly – check! Kids facilities – check! They even have a Babysitting service! Which, let's be real, is a lifesaver for any parents. And… a Shrine. Okay, I didn't see the shrine. Maybe it's hidden?

Available in All Rooms: Amenities Galore!

Air conditioning (thank GOD!), Alarm clock, Coffee/tea maker, Desk, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Internet access – wireless, Internet access – LAN, Ironing facilities, Non-smoking, Private bathroom, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Shower, Toiletries, Towels, Wi-Fi [free] – you name it, they probably have it! It's like a little mini-apartment! The Bathtub was especially tempting, though I didn’t manage to use it. I even saw a Window that opens! Which is a HUGE plus for a fresh bit of air!

Getting Around: Location, Location, Location (and Parking!)

They have Car park [free of charge] and Car park [on-site]. Thank GAWD. Parking is always a pain. Also, Car power charging station. Plus, Airport transfer, Taxi service and Bicycle parking. So you have options.

My Verdict (and a Little Emotional Breakdown)

Okay, so, Watkins Glen's BEST View: Gorgeous Motel Getaway!… It's good. REALLY good. It's not perfect. (Nothing is, right?) But the view? Chef's kiss. The cleanliness? Reaches into my soul. The convenience? Allows me maximum lazy time. It's a place to breathe. A place to escape the mundane and (dare I say it) actually relax.

Now, the REALLY Good Part: The Offer That's Gonna Make You Book!

Tired of the Same Old, Same Old? Craving a Getaway That Actually Feels Like a Getaway?

Watkins Glen's BEST View: Gorgeous Motel Getaway! is offering a special deal just to you, you glorious reader!

Book Your Stay Now and Receive:

  • A complimentary bottle of local Finger Lakes wine! (Because, duh!)
  • A 10% discount on your first massage or spa treatment! (Treat yourself, you deserve it!)
  • Guaranteed room with the BEST view! (Because, come on, that's the whole point!)

But wait, there's more!

  • Flexible cancellation policy: Life happens. We get it.
  • Free Wi-Fi: Because staying connected shouldn't cost you anything.
  • Impeccable cleanliness and safety standards: So you can relax without worry.

This offer is exclusively available for a limited time only, so don't miss out! Click that “Book Now” button, pack your bags, and get ready for a truly unforgettable escape. You (and your sanity) will thank me later.

And you know what? Just do it. Seriously. Book it. Go! Live a little. Smell the roses. Or, you know, just chill in your perfectly air-conditioned room with that bottle of wine… The choice is yours. But DO NOT miss out.

Click Here To Book Your Getaway! [Insert Booking Link Here]

Escape to Paradise: Elena Rooms, Crete's Hidden Gem!

Book Now

Gorgeous View Motel Watkins Glen (NY) United States

Gorgeous View Motel Watkins Glen (NY) United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercups. Because this Gorgeous View Motel trip to Watkins Glen? It’s gonna be a ride. Forget your perfectly curated Instagram feeds. This is the raw, unfiltered, slightly-stained-with-road-trip-grease version.

The Gorgeous View Motel & Watkins Glen Gorge Extravaganza – A Messy Itinerary

Day 1: Arrival and the Great Motel Room Revelation (Or: Where Did I Put the Air Freshener?)

  • 1:00 PM: Arrive at the Gorgeous View Motel. Okay, "gorgeous" might be a stretch, more like… "functional" with a vague promise of a view in the distance (fingers crossed, it's not the back of a truck stop). Check-in. Pray the room keys actually work. Seriously, this is a whole sub-genre of travel anxiety for me.
  • 1:15 PM: The Room Reveal. Open the door. Deep breath. Okay… carpet that's seen better decades. The air smells faintly of… something. (Note to Self: Find the air freshener. Immediately.) But hey! Window! And… yep, there's a sort of view. Not the Grand Canyon, but hey, we're not in the Grand Canyon. Thank God.
  • 1:30 PM: Unpack. (Or attempt to. Somehow, I always bring way too much stuff. Why did I pack a sequined top?!) Assess the situation. Bathroom situation seems… adequate. (Praying hard there's enough hot water for later.)
  • 2:00 PM: Lunch – Quick and dirty at the motel. I'm talking microwaveable burritos and a can of generic soda. Gourmet this is not, but hey, keeps me going. (Mental note: Find a real restaurant for dinner. Preferably one with good beer.)
  • 3:00 PM: Gorge-ous (See what I did there?) Watkins Glen State Park – First Encounter. Okay, this is what we came for! I'm thinking… hike. Waterfalls. Instagrammable moments. Try to look effortlessly cool in front of the stunning scenery. This is the moment where my camera usually dies. (Pro tip: Charge the dang thing.)
    • The Hike: So, the gorge walk? Stunning. Seriously, the waterfalls are unreal. It was like something out of a fantasy novel. But. The steps. Oh, the steps. My calves were screaming by the time we reached the top. And I saw someone fall! A real, live, on-their-face kind of fall. I think it's a good thing there wasn't any serious injury, but it gave me a bit of a fright.
    • Snapshot of Pure Panic: Halfway up, I stopped to catch my breath – which was a mistake, 'cause that's when I realized my phone had slipped out of my pocket. I almost lost it in a waterfall! Heart. Attack. Total. Rescue involved a kindly gentleman with a beard and a long reach. Saved! (He also took a photo of me looking utterly flustered, which now, considering the circumstances, is the perfect memento.)
    • The Emotional Roller Coaster: Happy. Tired. Slightly scared. Wondering how much longer before I'm sitting down with a beer. Yep, a perfect summary of my feelings.
  • 6:00 PM: Find that actual restaurant. Post-hike hunger is real. Fish fry, a local beer, and the immediate feeling of "thank God I'm not hiking right now."
  • 8:00 PM: Back at the motel. Stumbling to the TV. I should probably be journaling. Or meditating. Or something. But let's be honest, I'm probably just going to end up face-planting into the pillows with the TV on.

Day 2: Doubling Down on the Gorge (And Maybe Regretting That Fish Fry?)

  • 8:00 AM: Wake up. Ah. The glorious embrace of a motel bed. Actually, I take that back because I should have slept longer but my stomach feels kinda off. Breakfast - Pop-tarts and coffee. Glamorous, right?
  • 9:00 AM: The Gorge, Part Deux: Decided to do another part of the Gorge. (Because, if you're going to Watkins Glen, you must do the Gorge!) Different trail, different waterfalls. Perhaps a little easier on the legs. Or maybe not.
    • The Moment of True Appreciation: This time, I looked at the scenery, and actually appreciated the beauty of it all - not just taking a frantic picture. The light on the falls, the way the water carved its way through the rock… it was pretty damn cool.
    • The Observation Desk Drama: I watched some kids chase each other around, and someone almost tripped. Then they chased each other off to take selfies. That's when I nearly lost it. But for what it's worth, it was all very funny.
    • The Rambling: The beauty of the gorge really makes you appreciate the sheer force of nature. I started to think about how little we are, how fragile life is, how much I love my dog, and how I desperately need to find a bathroom before my bladder explodes.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch at a different place. Something more substantial. Hoping the stomach situation has improved.
  • 2:00 PM: Explore the town. The shops, the art galleries, the cheesy tourist traps…. Find something fun. Buy a souvenir I'll probably regret later.
  • 4:00 PM: Back at the motel. Nap time. (Or desperately try to recover from the hike.)
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner. Decisions, decisions… another beer.
  • 8:00 PM: Stargazing, maybe? IF the skies are clear. The Gorgeous View Motel might actually deliver on its promise tonight. Probably not, though…

Day 3: Farewell Watkins Glen (And the Dreaded Checkout)

  • 9:00 AM: Checkout. The most stressful activity of the trip. Pray I didn't damage anything, or get any weird stains on the sheets.
  • 9:30 AM: Final glances at the "glorious view."
  • 10:00 AM: Hit the road. Realize I forgot something. Probably my phone charger. Or the air freshener. (Damn it.)
  • 10:15 AM: Okay, let's be done with this trip.
  • 10:30 AM: Back home. Unpack. Start planning the next adventure. (And vow to pack lighter next time. Yeah, right!)
Escape to Paradise: Unbelievable Nasu Grand Mercure Resort!

Book Now

Gorgeous View Motel Watkins Glen (NY) United States

Gorgeous View Motel Watkins Glen (NY) United States

Watkins Glen's "Best View" Motel: You Got Questions, I Got (Mostly) Answers! (Plus Feelings!)

Okay, so... "Best View"? What's the actual *view* like? Is it even remotely worth the hype?

Alright, buckle up buttercup, because this is the FIRST thing everyone asks. And honestly? The view... it's pretty darn good. Seriously. I mean, look, I've seen some "views" in my day. Niagara Falls from a leaky boat? Yawn. My ex-boyfriend's apartment after a breakup? Double yawn. This... this is different. You're looking out over Seneca Lake. And not just *at* Seneca Lake, you're like, *IN* it. Well, not literally, unless you’re planning a bold escape from your room. The sunsets? Forget about it. They paint the sky with colors that make you question reality. I swear, one night it was like the entire world was on fire... in a good way!

But... (and there's always a "but," isn't there?) ...the "best view" claim? That’s a bold one, I’ll give you that. Depends on *when* you go. During the day? It’s gorgeous, don't get me wrong, but the lake is just... a lake. Pretty, yeah. Stunning, maybe. But it's not *magical* during the afternoon. The magic? That shows up in the evening. When the sun decides to put on a show. And then… yeah, then it might just live up to its name. Plus, there’s a small, somewhat embarrassing (but charming) little patch of lawn you can sit on to soak it all in. Bring a blanket, trust me. My first time, I tripped on the way down the hill and spilled my entire bottle of wine. Literally, all over myself and the ground. Spectacular, in its own way.

The rooms... are they clean? I'm a bit of a germaphobe. Don't judge.

Alright, alright, I HEAR you. Cleanliness is next to... well, you know. And listen, I am *not* a germaphobe. Mostly. But I do appreciate a clean room. And from my experience? They’re... generally clean. It's not like, a five-star hotel clean. Let's be real. This is a motel. Think "clean enough to not give you the heebie-jeebies."

My first trip? The sheets were... suspiciously pristine. Like, *too* pristine. Made me wonder about… well, you get the picture. My overthinking brain went into overdrive. Second trip? A slightly crumpled duvet cover. Made me feel better, ironically. Like, "Okay, someone *actually* slept here. We're good." I'd call and ask for a room in the newer building but that may be just my inner demons speaking. Overall, yes, they're clean *enough*. Bring sanitizing wipes if you are excessively worried, because you know, peace of mind and all that.

And be aware, I once found a stray… sock. This was in the far back corner. It was clearly abandoned. This did not inspire confidence in my cleanliness radar. I left it in place, which is the polite thing to do. (Don't judge me).

What's the vibe like? Is it romantic? Is it family-friendly? Is it a party scene?

Okay, the "vibe." This is where things get interesting. It's... a bit of everything. Mostly romantic. I mean, sunsets over a lake? Come on! I've seen proposals, anniversaries, and several couples whispering sweet nothings while clutching bottles of wine. (Yes, I'm a people watcher, don’t judge me).

Family-friendly? Sure, kids are welcome! I've seen little ones splashing in the pool (which is small, by the way, but cleanish) and running around with their parents (mostly the parents running after them and yelling "Don't go near the edge!!"). I *think* the general consensus is, if your kids can be polite and not scream and ruin everyone else’s relaxation, they are welcome. Just be aware of the whole "edge of the lake" situation.

Party scene? Absolutely not. Unless your idea of a party is quietly sipping wine on your balcony and listening to the crickets. Which, honestly, sometimes sounds pretty fantastic. I saw a group of friends playing cards once. That's about as wild as it gets. The "Best View" Motel is all about chill vibes. Leave the EDM at home. This is for soul-searching and sunset gazing.

The pool! Tell me about the pool! Is it a deal breaker?

Okay, the pool. Right. Let's be honest. It’s… modest. Small. Dare I say, a little bit…tired? It's not the sparkling, Instagram-worthy pool of your dreams. Think more "functional and gets the job done" pool. And that's being generous.

It’s cleanish, like I said before. I mean, I've seen worse (ahem, the public pool in my hometown...). The water is cold. Always. Even on the hottest days. But hey, a quick dip can be refreshing after a day of hiking.

Deal breaker? Probably not. If a pristine pool experience is high on your priority list, then, yes, perhaps skip it. But if you appreciate a chill atmosphere, a place to cool off, and don't mind a few questionable tiles… you'll survive. Plus, how many people go to the Finger Lakes to stay in a pool all day anyway? Go see the real views!

Side note. I once saw a kid try to use a pool noodle as a personal buoy in a desperate attempt to stay away from his siblings. It was hilarious.

What about breakfast? Is breakfast included? And most importantly, *is it good*?

Breakfast… ah, yes. The most important meal of the day. And the answer is… it depends. Included? Yes, usually. Good? (deep breath). Let's just say it's... basic. Like, continental-breakfast-at-a-motel basic. Think stale bagels, pre-packaged muffins, instant coffee that tastes like sadness, and maybe some questionable fruit.

I've seen the muffins. Don't get me started on the muffins. They’re… not the highlight. The coffee? Bring your own. Seriously. Pack your finest, most artisanal beans. You'll thank me later. There's a little area, you can sit and eat, they have the tables, the disposable plates and the "nice" plastic cutlery. You can even take it to go.

My recommendation? Go get real breakfast in town. It's a short drive away, and honestly, you'll spare yourself some… disappointment. The local diners in Watkins Glen are awesome; they have bacon, eggs and everything you need. They are better than the questionable muffins!

Best Stay Blogspot

Gorgeous View Motel Watkins Glen (NY) United States

Gorgeous View Motel Watkins Glen (NY) United States

Gorgeous View Motel Watkins Glen (NY) United States

Gorgeous View Motel Watkins Glen (NY) United States