Lanzhou Luxury: Holiday Inn Express Downtown Steal Deal!

Holiday Inn Express Lanzhou Downtown By IHG Lanzhou China

Holiday Inn Express Lanzhou Downtown By IHG Lanzhou China

Lanzhou Luxury: Holiday Inn Express Downtown Steal Deal!

Lanzhou Luxury: Holiday Inn Express Downtown Steal Deal! - A (Mostly) Honest Review (Plus a Book-Now Plea!)

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the swirling vortex of the Lanzhou Luxury: Holiday Inn Express Downtown Steal Deal! I've just emerged, blinking into the Lanzhou sunshine, and I'm here to spill the tea. Or, you know, the lukewarm coffee they serve at the breakfast buffet. More on that later.

First Impressions: Accessibility & Security (Important Stuff!)

Right off the bat, I gotta say, they've done a decent job on the accessibility front. Wheelchair accessible it is! The elevator is a lifesaver, and navigating the common areas wasn't a total obstacle course. Facilities for disabled guests are present, which is a huge plus. CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property give you a sense of security, which is always welcome. Fire extinguisher, smoke alarms, and a 24-hour front desk and security all contribute to a safe feeling. They have a doctor/nurse on call and first aid kit which is always good.

Cleanliness and Safety – The Pandemic Years (Gotta Mention It!)

Look, nobody can ignore the elephant in the room (or, you know, the microscopic invader). The Holiday Inn really leaned into the cleanliness protocols. I saw hand sanitizer everywhere. Staff trained in safety protocol are evident. They use anti-viral cleaning products, and rooms are sanitized between stays. You even have the room sanitization opt-out available, which is a thoughtful touch. Physical distancing of at least 1 meter seems to be (mostly) adhered to, and I appreciated the individually-wrapped food options. They are definitely trying!

Rooms: Cozy…ish. And the Wi-Fi is Free!(Thank goodness!)

My room? Okay, let's be real. It's a Holiday Inn Express. It's not the Burj Khalifa, alright? But, my room was clean, and relatively well-maintained, with my trusty non-smoking room. The bed was comfortable, which is always a win. Air conditioning worked like a charm, a necessity in Lanzhou. Free Wi-Fi (in all rooms!) is the hero we all need, and it was actually pretty swift, which is a massive relief! Internet access – wireless (thank you, internet!) and Internet access – LAN which i didn't personally test but good to know is available. Some of the amenities included a mini bar, a safe box, coffee/tea maker, and daily housekeeping. The bathrooms are standard-issue hotel bathrooms, and the shower pressure was decent. Bonus points for bathrobes and slippers!

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – Breakfast Adventures & Beyond!

Okay, the food. This is where things get… interesting. The breakfast [buffet] is included, and, well, it's buffet. Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, you get a little bit of everything. The coffee/tea in restaurant is free flowing so you can keep going with your day. Some more options were a la carte in restaurant, international cuisine in restaurant and desserts in restaurant which I'll have to try! Some other options are the poolside bar and the snack bar as well. I had to rely on the breakfast takeaway service as I was in a rush! They do have room service [24-hour] and they provide bottle of water.

Things to Do & Relax – The (Limited) Spa Day Dream

Now, let's talk about escaping the Lanzhou hustle. The fitness center is actually a decent size for a Holiday Inn Express. I saw a treadmill and some weights. They have a swimming pool which is outdoors, but the Spa/sauna is what is most exciting! They had a massage! and you could also have a Body scrub and a Body wrap! What's really great is that a lot of this area is accessible to the public.

Services and Conveniences – The Little Things That Matter (Kinda)

They've got the standard concierge, concierge, and dry cleaning service. There's luggage storage. A convenience store is available if you forget your essentials. Cash withdrawal is available. The daily housekeeping is a welcome touch. Meeting/banquet facilities, business facilities, and meeting stationery confirm this is a business hotel. They have car park [free of charge], airport transfer, and taxi service. The gift/souvenir shop is a nice bonus. On the plus side they have a terrace! They truly have everything you need for relaxation

For the Kids – More Family Friendliness Than You Might Expect

They are family/child friendly and have babysitting service available! They also have kids facilities if you are traveling with children.

The "Steal Deal" – Is It Really a Steal?

Okay, the million-dollar (well, Lanzhou Yuan) question: Is it a steal? Honestly? Considering the location, the cleanliness, and the included breakfast… yeah, it's a pretty good deal. It's not the lap of luxury, but it's a solid, reliable option in a city that can be overwhelming.

My Honest Anecdote (The Imperfect Story – Embrace It!)

Okay, here's a little gem for you. One morning, I was starving and beelined towards the buffet. Now, I'm not a fan of the breakfast [buffet], but I was surprised: there was a plate of… mystery meat. Looked kinda like sausage, but… well, let's just say it was intriguing. I tentatively tried a piece. It was… unique. Let's leave it at that. I then stuck to the eggs and toast. But the coffee/tea in restaurant was good and that's what brought me through. The point is: stuff happens. Hotel buffets are a gamble. But hey, the free Wi-Fi on my work laptop helped me get over it.

The Verdict: Book It (But Manage Your Expectations)

So, should you book the Lanzhou Luxury: Holiday Inn Express Downtown Steal Deal!? YES!

Why?

  • Location, Location, Location: You're in the heart of Lanzhou, close to everything.
  • Clean and Safe: They're taking the pandemic seriously.
  • Free Wi-Fi: A modern necessity.
  • Decent Value: You get a lot for your money.

Just Remember:

  • This isn't a five-star experience. It's a comfortable, clean, and convenient stay.
  • The food is… variable, with plenty of Asian breakfast and Western breakfast.

AND NOW FOR THE PERSUASIVE BOOK-NOW PLEA!

ARE YOU READY TO EXPLORE LANZHOU?

Imagine yourself:

  • Waking up in a comfortable, clean room.
  • Fueling your day with a free, if slightly adventurous, breakfast.
  • Exploring the vibrant streets of Lanzhou, knowing you have a safe and comfortable haven to return to.
  • Enjoying a swim in the swimming pool [outdoor], or recovering from a massage in the spa.

Here's the REAL Steal Deal!

Book your stay at the Lanzhou Luxury: Holiday Inn Express Downtown Steal Deal! NOW! For a limited time, enjoy exclusive discounts and free upgrades! Don't wait! Lanzhou is calling, and this is your chance to answer!

Click here to book your adventure today! (Link to Booking Site Here)

You deserve it! And honestly, after all the walking, exploring, and mystery meat, you'll be glad you booked it. See you in Lanzhou!

Unveiling Taishan's Hidden Gem: The Blossom Hotel Awaits!

Book Now

Holiday Inn Express Lanzhou Downtown By IHG Lanzhou China

Holiday Inn Express Lanzhou Downtown By IHG Lanzhou China

Alright, buckle up buttercup, because this ain't your grandma's meticulously planned holiday itinerary. This is my Lanzhou, China adventure, fueled by instant noodles and a healthy dose of jet lag, centered around the legendary Holiday Inn Express Lanzhou Downtown. Prepare for a rollercoaster of emotions, questionable decisions, and a whole lotta noodles.

Day 1: Arrival - Basically Crawling into a Hotel

  • Morning (6:00 AM, Beijing Time - Ugh, the Jet Lag): Landed in Lanzhou. The airport? Let's just say it was a masterclass in controlled chaos. Navigating the baggage claim felt like a gladiator match against a mountain of luggage on wheels. Victory – or at least, survival – was mine.

  • Mid-Morning (9:00 AM): Taxi to the Holiday Inn Express. The driver, bless his cotton socks, seemed to think the lane markings were merely suggestions. Felt like I was on a rollercoaster, minus the safety bar. My stomach launched an early protest. "I am not equipped to handle this," it seemed to be screaming.

  • Noon (12:00 PM): HOLY HOTEL BATMAN! The Holiday Inn Express. Clean, comfy, and mercifully air-conditioned. The sweet, sweet relief of a shower after a 12-hour flight… pure bliss. The view? A sprawling mess of city, but mostly the back of another building. Still, a room. A bed. I could have kissed the carpet.

  • Afternoon (1:00 PM): I swear, the hotel bed called to me. Passed out for a glorious, drool-filled three hours. Woke up feeling slightly less like a zombie and considerably more like a human pancake.

  • Late Afternoon/Early Evening (5:00 PM): Exploring the immediate vicinity. The "immediate vicinity" turned out to be a maze of narrow streets. Found a local noodle shop. Lanzhou lamian beckoned. I swear the lamian chef was making noodles with his bare hands at warp speed. They were so fast they seemed to dance in the air before landing in boiling water. My noodles, a symphony of chewy textures and spicy broth, were an act of pure perfection. I wanted to get up and hug the chef.

  • Evening (7:00 PM): Back at The Holiday Inn. Exhausted, full, and slightly bewildered. Tried to watch some Chinese TV. Gave up after about ten minutes. My brain had officially turned to mush. Bed. Must sleep.

Day 2: Temple Trouble and Noodle Nirvana (and Karaoke Chaos)

  • Morning (8:00 AM): Alarm. Argued with it. Eventually, surrendered and lumbered out of bed. (The bed was super comfy, okay? Judge me.)
  • Morning (9:00 AM): Attempted to visit the White Pagoda Mountain Park, which is, apparently, a big draw around here. Got hopelessly lost. Ended up at a bustling street market instead, which, honestly, was more interesting. Picked up some dried fruit that was suspiciously bright orange (later tasted like sunshine, which was a bonus).
  • Late Morning (11:00 AM): Finally found my way to the White Pagoda. It was… nice. Very… white. The view of the Yellow River was pretty stunning, though. The sheer scale of the city hit me, suddenly. It was like, this vast, sprawling thing… that just kept going. I found that both thrilling and terrifying.
  • Lunch (1:00 PM): More lamian, obviously. This time, at a different place. Tried a different broth, got even sweatier. It was amazing. It was a religious experience. I think I was officially addicted.
  • Afternoon (3:00 PM): Attempted to visit the Gansu Provincial Museum. Failed. Got distracted by a street performance involving a dragon and some very enthusiastic drummers. Honestly, I’d take that over a museum any day.
  • Evening (7:00 PM): Karaoke. Yes, really. My friend (who’s fluent in Mandarin) dragged me to a karaoke bar. My singing skills are… let’s just say I'm no Adele. Luckily, the locals were incredibly forgiving. After copious amounts of cheap beer, though, I thought I was a rockstar. The next morning, I was mortified. It was truly and utterly embarrassing. Karaoke is a drug, I'm telling you.
  • Night (10:00 PM): Back at the hotel. Face-planted into bed. My brain was still humming with the echoes of terrible Chinese pop songs. God, I was hungover.

Day 3: The Yellow River and a Failed Attempt at Cultural Immersion

  • Morning (9:00 AM): Finally got ahead of the hangover. Today, I was actually determined to do something.
  • Mid-Morning (10:00 AM): A stroll along the Yellow River. Magnificent. The scenery was breathtaking. The river was… well, yellow. And slightly murky. Still, it was a moment. I threw a rock. The way the river runs through this city… you can't help but sense the weight of history.
  • Lunch (1:00 PM): One last lamian hurrah? Absolutely. Spotted a little hole-in-the-wall place. The place was tiny, buzzing, and the chef looked like he hadn't slept in days. It was pure gold. I’m pretty sure I ate my weight in noodles.
  • Afternoon (3:00 PM): I decided to take a cooking class. I thought I wouldn't need a translator, since I'd become an expert in the art of lamian consumption. Turns out, making it is a whole different ballgame. It started with me butchering the most basic Chinese phrases, and ended with me covered in flour, my face a mask of abject failure. The chef just stared at me, shook his head, and took over making MY noodles.
  • Late Afternoon/Evening (6:00 PM): Back at the Holiday Inn. Ordered room service. A burger. It was… not great. I guess I'd gotten used to the wonders of the lamian.
  • Night (7:00 PM): Watching the city lights from my hotel room. This trip had been… a lot. A sensory overload. A delicious mess. A total adventure. A thought popped in my head, if I wasn't already full of noodles, I'd be crying.
  • Night (9:00 PM): Packing. The airport. The long flight home. Another adventure awaits. I already missed the noodles.

Imperfections and Rambles:

  • The Language Barrier: My Mandarin is… non-existent, or maybe even slightly less. Pointing, hand gestures, and a lot of smiling got me through most situations.
  • The Food: The lamian was the star. Seriously, I dream about it. I'm going to have withdrawal symptoms when I get back home.
  • The Hotel: The Holiday Inn Express was clean, safe, and a haven from the general madness of Lanzhou. It's a solid bet. Just don't expect marble floors.
  • My Emotional State: A constant seesaw. A mix of exhilaration, bewilderment, and occasional exhaustion. It was glorious. It was terrible. It was real.

Final Thoughts:

Lanzhou is a city that hits you like a spicy noodle broth – a bit overwhelming at first, but ultimately warm, comforting, and incredibly satisfying. It's a place of contrasts: ancient history and modern chaos, mouth-watering food, and… questionable burgers. It’s a place I'll never forget… and a place I'll definitely want to go back to, once I've sufficiently recovered from the noodle coma. Now… where's the nearest lamian shop?

Uncover Hidden Paradise: Hotel Pontives, Laion, Italy - Your Dream Getaway Awaits!

Book Now

Holiday Inn Express Lanzhou Downtown By IHG Lanzhou China

Holiday Inn Express Lanzhou Downtown By IHG Lanzhou ChinaOkay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving *deep* into this "Lanzhou Luxury: Holiday Inn Express Downtown Steal Deal!" situation. And let me tell you, it was... *an experience*. Prepare for a rollercoaster of emotions, questionable decisions, and a whole lotta ramen. Here's my attempt at an FAQ, bless my soul:

Okay, spill the tea! Is this "Steal Deal" *actually* a steal?

Alright, let's cut the crap. "Steal Deal" is a loaded term, right? Like, does it mean you're getting robbed blind, or are you actually scoring a win? My verdict? ...It depends. The price *was* pretty good. I snagged a room for, like, peanuts compared to what I was expecting. But then you factor in... everything. Yeah, the location is solid, downtown, you know. But the "luxury" part? That’s where we get into the fun stuff...

The Hotel, the Room, the Vibe... What was it *actually* like?

The Hotel itself? A perfectly serviceable, slightly-worn-around-the-edges Holiday Inn Express. Think beige, lots of beige. Like, so much beige it could cure beige-phobia. The lobby…well, it had a lobby. A few tired-looking armchairs, a perpetually-busy front desk staff who, bless their souls, were trying their best, and the distinct aroma of… I’m gonna call it "hotel airconditioning and hope."

My room? Ah, the room. Cleanish. Definitely cleaner than the Lanzhou streets, that’s for sure. The bed? Surprisingly comfy, which was a huge win. The Wi-Fi? Sporadic at best. I swear, I spent half my trip yelling at the internet. "COME ON, WIFI! I NEED MY RAMEN RECIPES!" (Yes, I’m a ramen enthusiast, don't judge me.)

And the vibe? Let's call it… *functional*. Not exactly buzzing with excitement. More like a place to collapse after a day of battling the Lanzhou crowds and eating questionable street food. Perfectly adequate for that. But remember, "luxury" is in the name. And... yeah.

Okay, but what about the Breakfast? Tell me about the breakfast.

Ah, yes. The breakfast. The true litmus test of any budget-friendly hotel. The Holiday Inn Express breakfast is… well, it’s a buffet. And it’s included in the “steal deal.” This, my friends, is where the "luxury" dreams really started to crumble to dust.

Let's be honest, it *wasn't bad*. There were eggs (mostly scrambled, sometimes suspicious-looking), some kind of sad-looking sausages, instant coffee that vaguely resembled coffee, and... toast. Lots and lots of toast. But the saving grace? The jam. Yes, the jam. It was like a little burst of sugary sunshine. I ate so much jam, I think I developed a slight sticky spot on my chin. Worth it.

I witnessed a small child literally *drowning* his pancakes in syrup. Majestic. The chaos, the simple joy, it was all truly something. I will remember that moment for the rest of my days, I'm sure of it.

Location, Location, Location! Is the Downtown Location Worth the Hype?

Absolutely. Yes, the location is the real saving grace. Walking distance to, like, a ton of things. The Yellow River? A brisk (and slightly polluted) walk away. Restaurants? You got your pick. Crazy markets overflowing with everything from yak wool sweaters to… well, things I couldn’t even identify. It's smack-dab in the middle of the action, which is a huge plus.

Just be prepared for the noise. Lanzhou is a vibrant city, and that means a lot of honking, shouting, and various other city sounds that permeate the hotel walls. If you’re a light sleeper, pack earplugs. Trust me, I learned the hard way. My first night I thought a herd of elephants was doing the cha-cha outside my window. Turns out, it was just a particularly enthusiastic delivery truck.

Help! I'm on a Budget. Is this Hotel Actually a Cheap Option?

That's the million-dollar question, right?! Honestly? Yes. If you can get the "Steal Deal" price, then yes, it's pretty darn affordable. You're not going to be staying in the Ritz, but you *will* have a cleanish room, a decent enough bed, and a free breakfast (with jam!). And let's face it, when you're backpacking through Lanzhou, you're probably not looking for luxury. You're looking for a place to crash, shower, and maybe… just maybe… connect to the Wi-Fi long enough to Google "how to make authentic Lanzhou hand-pulled noodles." Which, by the way, is still a work in progress for me.

Just remember to factor in the potential for disappointment. Manage your expectations, people! And *always* check the reviews. See what other travelers (like me, now) are saying. It’s a budget hotel, not a palace. Act accordingly, and you'll probably be fine.

Did you have any problems during your stay? Be honest!

Oh, sweet merciful Heavens, yes. Where do I even begin? Firstly, the Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi was like a capricious, digital gremlin. One minute it was humming, the next it was… gone. Poof. Vanished into the digital ether. I yelled at it. I pleaded with it. I even threatened to write a strongly worded email to the internet gods. Nothing worked.

Then there was the… let’s call it “unique” aroma in the hallway. It varied. Sometimes it was a hint of incense. Sometimes it was something vaguely… *industrial*. I’m pretty sure I spent a good portion of my trip trying to identify the source. I failed. Completely.

But the biggest issue? The shower. The shower. Oh, the shower. The water pressure was… anemic. Like a tiny, sad little drizzle. And the temperature? It fluctuated wildly. One minute I'd be shivering, the next I'm pretty sure my skin was starting to bubble. I’m not exaggerating. It was an adventure, that shower. A scalding, freezing, barely-wetting adventure. I kind of loved it, in a weird, masochistic way.

Okay, let's get specific! Would you Recommend It?

Alright, the million dollar question! Look, it really depends. If you're a luxury sn5 Star Stay Find

Holiday Inn Express Lanzhou Downtown By IHG Lanzhou China

Holiday Inn Express Lanzhou Downtown By IHG Lanzhou China

Holiday Inn Express Lanzhou Downtown By IHG Lanzhou China

Holiday Inn Express Lanzhou Downtown By IHG Lanzhou China